Building scenes with vehicles
You can omit some steps if you already have an scene ready in your project. For example, don't add the camera controller if you already have a camera working in your scene.
- Create an empty scene in Unity
- Add the scenario: The City prefab
- Add the Camera Controller prefab. Remove the default camera.
- Add some vehicle prefab
- Make a vehicle target of the Camera
Ground materials and tire effects
Optional, if you want the vehicle to react differently on different ground surfaces.
- Add the Ground Material manager prefab
- Ensure the physic materials in the scene are be referenced properly in the Ground Material Manager.
- Add some more vehicle prefabs
- Create an Empty GameObject. Add the Vehicle Manager component.
- Reference the Camera Controller
- Reference the vehicles that are controllable by the user
Random AI vehicles
Example on how to configure NPC vehicles. The VehicleRancomInput component is a simple demonstrator of how to control vehicles from scripting. You can use it as base for writing your own.
- Add the component VehicleRandomInput to some vehicles
- Remove or disable the VehicleStandardInput component at them
Ready to the next level? How to rig your own vehicle